My studio's space has a unique footprint within the massage/spa community. As the sole practitioner, I am only able to serve one client at a time which limits the amount of guests into the space each day. With less foot traffic and turnover, I am able to keep all areas of my studio sanitized regularly throughout each day using the following protocols:
- Table linens in the treatment room are removed and replaced after every session. This includes all sheets, towels, and the cover for the head rest. Clean linens are stored in closed cabinetry.
- Objects that are frequently handled, such as door handles, light switches, massage stool and table, face cradle, counter tops, and cabinets are cleaned after each session with disinfectant (including the use of disinfectants known to work on similar viruses).
- I wash my hands before and after each massage session and apply hand sanitizer regularly. Hand sanitizer is provided in the reception area as well as the treatment room and I encourage you to use it upon entering and leaving the studio.
- I have added an air purifier with HEPA filter and UV-C light to reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores
I do want to emphasize the reality that while these may be ways to make my studio space safer, there is no known way to eliminate the risk of transmission and infection. There simply is no risk-free environment in which to conduct business today. But I do believe these efforts certainly help minimize the risks.
For your safety and mine please adhere to the following policies:
- Face masks ARE required the entire time. If being face-down with a mask on is too difficult, I'm happy to put you in side-lying position as an alternative. Please arrive wearing a face mask. If you need one, I will be happy to provide you with a disposable one.
- You will recieve a request to update the online intake form which now includes COVID-19 related questions and added language to the waiver. Please complete the intake form prior to your appointment so that we can start your session on time.
- Please limit the time you spend in the lobby. Plan to arrive NO EARLIER than 5 minutes prior to your start time in order to allow me ample time to sanitize the session room and lobby/restroom areas between clients.
If you are immunocompromised or are especially vulnerable to COVID-19 (65 years and older, and those with conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, and suppressed immune systems), please consider waiting a bit longer before returning to receive massage.